Yoga is a form of physical, mental and spiritual practices to improve one’s well-being and heath that originated in India more than 5,000 years ago during the pre-Vedic times. The system is known to have been mentioned in the Rigveda. Yoga became renowned and well-developed only during the 6th and 5th century BCE, during the rise of Buddhism and Jainism. The two important types of yoga are Hatha yoga and Rāja yoga that are popular.
India is undoubtedly a heritage rich country with rich history, advanced culture, advanced ancient techniques and scientifically well-off. What the ancient India contributed to the world is brilliantly mind-blowing and mesmerizing. More than 6,000 years Indian civilizations have flourished and have been one of the richest countries in the world. Apart from the invention of the game “Chess”, many fascinating things have been invented and followed in ancient India. When most other ancient civilizations were still in their “Stone age”, Indian civilization was way advanced in their thinking, practices, technology and systems. Indians were able to build large ships, perform cesarean, build advanced drainage systems, cultivate cotton on large-scale and even extract zinc from brass easily.
2. Number ZERO was Invented in India Along With Decimal System
3. Art of Navigation was Developed in the River Indus 6000 Years Ago
5. Indians Knew Plastic Surgery 2600 Years Ago
6. Two major religions – Buddhism and Jainism were established in India in 500 and 600 BC, respectively
9. Yoga originated in India about 5,000 years ago