Bandha are yoga locks advanced yoga breathing exercise three types uddyan, jalandhar and moola bandha their benefits doâ€™s and donâ€™ts and benefits of Bandh,They are practiced together or individually at specific times during kriya, asana, pranayama, mudra, visualization, and meditation practice. Jalandhara and Moola bandha are used simultaneously during retention to
- Bandhas are used in practices to tone, cleanse and energize the interior body and organs.
- Bandhas are removed blockages in the glandular system of the body.
- Bandhas are put pressure on the endocrinal glands and activates them.
- Bandhas enhances the secretion of hormones as all glands are porous in nature.
- Bandhas are changed hormonal level in the blood stream, which helps in reducing weight.
- Inhale deeply, fill your lungs with air, raise your chest and hold your breath.
- Bend your chin down on the jugular notch slowly and press hard. Hold your breath for between thirty seconds to a minute.
- Raise your chin up and continue to hold your breath. When the head is back in the previous position, exhale through your nostrils.
- Repeat this cycle three times.
In Jalandhar Bandha when we press the chin down on the jugular notch, the parathyroid, and the thyroid glands in the neck get activated and Thyroxin is secreted. This hormone helps in reducing stress.
- Jalandhar Bandha helps in controlling diseases of the thyroid gland.
- Jalandhar Bandha gives peace and calmness to both, the heart and the mind.
- Bandh is not to be practiced by persons suffering from breath related problems or high or low blood pressure
- People suffering from cervical spondylosis should not perform this bandha, as forward bending of the neck is prohibited for them.
- This bandha is only for people whose Thyroxin levels are low. People with high Thyroxin levels should not perform this bandha.
- Exhale deeply through your mouth and hold your breath.
- Slowly squeeze your anal are (as you would if you tried to stop passing urine). All your lower abdominal muscles should be tightly contracted.Release the anal are slowly and expand your abdominal muscles.
- To perform inhale slowly and relax you. Body.
- The bandha again, first take a few deep long breaths to bring your breathing back to normal.
- Repeat this cycle three times.
- Mool Bandha improves the secretion of glands situated in the lower abdominal are of the body.
- Mool Bandha increases vitality and sexual ability.
- Mool Bandha tonifies, purifies, balances, and energizes, the pelvic and urogenital region
- Mool Bandha improves concentration power.
People suffering from piles, anal fissure, hernia should not perform this bandha
Women suffering from gynecological problems should consult their doctor before performing this bandha.
- Lower your body and place your palms on your knees, thumbs outward. Exhale deeply through your mouth, hold the breath (wahiyah kumbhak) pull in your stomach for as long as possible.
- Get up and then inhale.
- Repeat the cycle two to three times.
- Udyaan Bandha increase blood circulation in the heart.
- Udyaan Bandha relaxes the muscles of the stomach and the diaphragm
- Improve efficiency of internal organs stomach, intestine and liver.
- Udyaan Bandha release of gastric juices which help in the digestive process so it will be helpful in constipation, Indigestion, Flatulence and other disorders of the alimentary canal.
- Udyaan Bandha gives to the practitioner beautiful health, strength, vigour and vitality.
- Udyaan Bandha reduces fat in the belly.
- People suffering from lower backache should perform this bandha in a sitting or standing position.
- People suffering from Asthma should not hold the breath for too long.
- Persons suffering from stomach ailments, heart troubles or defective blood circulation should not attempt to perform the bandh.
- Persons suffering from diseases like hernia too should not perform this bandh.
+Prof: Koti Madhav Balu Chowdary