Whether you love hiking, trail running, rock climbing, surfing, paddle boarding or snow sports, a regular yoga practice is an excellent way to strengthen your body and improve your performance. Here are five key ways yoga will help you continue to do the sports you love for many years to come:
- It improves physiological and psychological performance. Yoga is known to improve the respiratory, cardiovascular and muscular system and is beneficial for cultivating a positive mindset, developing intelligence, overcoming anxiety and depression and controlling emotions. All this helps you perform better in your chosen sport.
- It encourages better learning. Yoga is a great way to improve learning skills, increasing motivation and providing balance at the same time. This can all be channelled into better performance on the sports field.
- It can become an integral part of a sports training program. Yoga has earned its place in the daily routine of most international athletes because it enhances strength, power, flexibility and concentration, all of which increase sports performance.
- It leads to increased motivation. A regular yoga practice can allow you to focus more attention and concentration on your chosen sport. Yoga also helps create interest in sports through its various practices of controlling emotions, providing mental relaxation and motivating athletes to perform well.
- It makes sports more educative. Yoga and its philosophical values make sports and games more educational and valuable for the sportsperson and society. Yogic philosophy also helps you develop the positive qualities of cooperation and sportsmanship.