Cracked heels are a common skin problem experienced by people of nearly all ages. They can cause discomfort and pain apart from making the feet look shabby. The cracks may get deeper and lead to skin infections if one does not take proper precautions.
Here are some effective home remedies which you should try to get rid of cracked heels:
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is known to fight fungal and bacterial infections as well as for moisturizing the skin.It has great hydrating and moisturizing abilities and works wonders for the dry and cracked skin.
How to use
- Soak and scrub your feet with warm water before going to bed.
- Dry your feet and apply coconut oil.
- Wear a pair of clean socks overnight.
- Wash your feet in the morning.Follow these steps on regular basis to get best results.
Vinegar contains acetic acid which is mild and acts gently on your feet. However, applying it directly can dry up your skin further. Follow the steps given below to use vinegar effectively.
How to use
- Add ¼ cup vinegar to water which should be ¾ of feet soaking basin.
- Soak your feet for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wash your feet with normal water and pat dry.Apply any moisturizer.
- Do not use this remedy for more than 2 times a week.
It contains acetic acid which takes off the dead skin leaving your skin smooth and soft. It is also an exfoliator which can help you get rid of heel fissures. It is often used with papaya on the skin to get best results. There are a number of ways to use lemon for cracked heel
How to use
- Prepare a paste of lemon and papaya and apply it to your heels.
- Let it remain for 10 to 15 minutes and wash with cold water afterward.
- Another way is to squeeze a lemon into a basin of water and soak for 20 minutes.
Rosewater contains Vitamins A, B3, C, D, and E and also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Glycerin is a known moisturizer and helps to soften the skin. The combination thus does wonder for cracked heels.
How to use:
- Mix equal amount of glycerin and rose water.Rub it on your heels every night before going to bed.
- So, go ahead and try these simple and effective home remedies and say yes to beautiful and healthy looking feet. Stay Healthy, Stay Happy!
+Prof: Koti Madhav Balu Chowdary