Mill Churning Pose (Chakki Chalan Asana) is a yoga posture in which you do body rotations in sitting postion. Step-by-step instructions, hand-moved wheat grinder, common in the villages of India. It turns out to be a fun and excellent workout for the body
How to do Mill Churning Pose (Chakki Chalanasana)
Stretch forward from the lower back and keep your legs stationary. A slight movement in the legs is natural as the torso rotates. The arms move along with the back.
4. Keep breathing deeply and easily while rotating. Do you feel the stretch in the arms, abs, groin and legs?
Make 5-10 rounds in one direction and then repeat in the opposite direction. Your wheat flour is ready to be cooked!
Benefits of the Mill Churning Pose (Chakki Chalanasana)
- A good preventive for sciatica
- Tones the back, abs and arm muscles
- Opens up the chest and groin
- Tones the uterine muscles in females, so it is very useful in preventing painful cycles if practiced regularly
- Consistent practice helps reduce abdominal fat
- Also very useful in reducing post-delivery fat (however, please consult your doctor before practicing this yoga posture)
Do not practice this asana if you are pregnant, have low blood pressure, extreme lower back pain due to slip disc, headaches or a migraine (during the attack), or had a recent abdominal surgery, such as for an active hernia.
+Spiritual Yogi Guide